THE NATIONAL PRODUCTIVITY AND QUALITY CONVENTION 2018
- The National Productivity and Quality Convention 2018 (NPQC 2018) is organised by the National Productivity and Competitiveness Council (NPCC).
- The NPQC is open to all organisations in Mauritius and Rodrigues.
- All participants in each category will compete for a Gold, Silver or Bronze Award during a 2-day Convention from 1st-2nd August.
- The Gold Awardees, in each category, will make a final presentation to an international panel of judges and the 2 best teams in each category will represent Mauritius at the International Convention for Quality Control Circles in Singapore in October 2018.
PARTICIPATION AT THE NATIONAL CONVENTION AND TECHNICAL PRESENTATIONS
- Entry to the National Convention shall be made on the prescribed registration form with the abstract and submitted at latest by Monday 4th June 2018.
- Two entries are allowed by each participating organisation.
- Only projects implemented in 2016- March 2018 are eligible for participation.
- Registration and Abstract sent after the due date will not be considered. Incomplete registration sheet and abstract sheet will not be acknowledged. Submission of abstract will not entitle for participation until accepted by the NPCC.
- You will receive a notification on your participation at the Productivity and Quality Convention 2018.
- Send your final Presentation Slides to the NPCC .
- Bring your USB/Pendrive/CD to the NPCC at least one week before the Competition Event in August.(23rd to 27th July 2018)
- Bringing your presentation on the day of the Convention will be at your own risk if time does not allow for uploading and running of the presentation.
- More than one person can deliver the presentation.
- Inform the organisers if you have any special presentation requirements other than PowerPoint such as: Video, Internet access or computer audio, etc.
- Failure to turn- up at your allocated time-slot will be interpreted as a withdrawal from the competition.
- The judges’ decision is final.
INFORMATION AND CONFIDENTIALITY
- All information and data provided will be treated with strict confidentiality.
- Providing false information and data will disqualify the participants.
- Photographs of the teams/company will be used for marketing purposes before, during and after the convention in Mauritius and in Singapore.
- We will seek your permission to publish the case studies presented at the Convention.
TROPHIES, CERTIFICATE AND PUBLICITY
- All participating organisations will be awarded a Gold, Silver or Bronze trophy and /or a certificate of participation.*
- All teams shall be notified before the official announcement.
- The NPCC will fund the participation of the Grand Winners (maximum of 3 participants per team) in each category to the ICQCC 2018 in Singapore.
- Winners shall grant the National Productivity and Competitiveness Council (NPCC) the right to publish their names and photographs
*Please note that this Article has been amended on 2nd July 2018.
- All entries shall become the property of the organiser and will not be returned.
- Participation in the NPQC 2018 shall imply acceptance of the rules and regulations.
- The National Productivity and Competitiveness Council (NPCC) shall be the deciding authority on any matter not specifically covered under these rules and regulations.